Book with Confidence Guarantee
For bookings made from 7th May 2020, the Book with Confidence Guarantee is applicable if you are no longer able to travel due to COVID-19 related developments. For example: you become sick with COVID-19 or someone immediately connected to you does and you are forced into self-isolation, or the Alert Level changes meaning travel becomes impossible, or there is a Government mandate for you not to travel in your local area/region or the area you intend to travel to. In these and other similar cases there will be no charges levied to make changes to your booking dates.
We will provide a 12-month credit or full refund (in exceptional circumstances, determined on a case by case basis).
Please be aware that where your request is to amend/cancel a booking that was made prior to 7th May 2020 and/or is not linked to COVID-19 related matters, normal T&C’s will apply.
- A deposit is required to secure every booking and must be paid at the time of booking.
- The minimum deposit is 1 night’s accommodation cost.
- Payment of deposit must be made by cash, credit card (MasterCard or Visa only), EFTPOS or bank transfer.
- Bookings may be cancelled without notice if the deposit is not received by the agreed due date.
- Balance of payment for booking is required on arrival by cash, credit card or EFTPOS. (Please note that cheques are not accepted)
- The management endeavours to hold the accommodation booked, however, they reserve the right to transfer the booking to a similar accommodation for the same period.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into Motutere Bay TOP 10 Holiday Park. A full refund will be issued under these circumstances.
- Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The tariff is based on the number and type of guests for the specified time and duration. Any amendments may change the tariff.
- Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Bookable at least 14 days before arrival date.
- No refund will be offered for cancellations and no shows.
- Changes or amendments to the reservation will be deemed as cancellations and no refund will be offered.
- Bookings cancelled more than 72 hours prior to check-in, will be refunded in full. Alternatively, the booking can be transferred to another date within 12 months if available.
- Cancellations inside of 72 hours of check-in will result in the price of one night’s accommodation from each accommodation unit or site being deducted from the refund.
- Non arrival on the first night of the booking (without notification) automatically cancels entire booking.
- Payments are not refundable if the stay is cut short.
- FREE CANCELLATION up to day of arrival if due to government restrictions on travel.
Christmas/New Year Peak (24 December – 10 January incl.)
- This is the only time of the year that the booking and cancellation policy differs from the above.
- A minimum deposit (non-refundable) as per the below is required to secure your booking:
- Unit or cabin – 1 nights’ accommodation cost
- Site – 2 nights’ site cost per site
- Full payment is required by 24th November. You are required to pay in full for the amount of guests that will be staying at the park for the entire duration of the booking. Any additional guests can be paid for when they arrive.
- Receipt of deposit/payment constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Your initial deposit is non-refundable. Any cancellations will result in the following cancellation fees being charged:
- More than 28 days’ notice – Full amount of the initial deposit paid.
- 15 to 28 days’ notice – 50% of the total booking charges OR the full amount of the initial deposit paid (whichever is higher)
- 8 to 14 days’ notice – 75% of the total booking charges OR the full amount of the initial deposit paid (whichever is higher)
- 0 to 7 days’ notice – 100% of the total booking charges.
- Early departures are considered a cancellation and therefore no refund will be given.
- Please note the notice period is measured from the arrival date of your booking (check-in time).
All other Peak Periods
The following dates have the same cancellation policy as per our standard ‘Cancellation’ terms above, with the exception of the notice period being 7 days, instead of 72 hours.
- 4 June to 6 June 2021
- 22 October to 24 October 2021
- 11 January to 30 January 2022
Christmas/New Year Rebook Policy
- We will automatically re-book your site/cabin for the following year, with your dates from this year. We will contact you at the start of February, with your booking confirmation for you to check and confirm by paying the deposit within 14 days. Should you wish to make any changes to your booking or cancel you will be required to send through your request via email to email@example.com. Please note we cannot guarantee any changes to bookings, however our staff will try their best to accommodate your requests. We will accept new bookings from the start of March each year.
- If you decide to cancel your booking for the Christmas/New Year peak period you will no longer be able to hold this site for the following year and it will be made available for other guests to re-book. You are welcome to go on a waiting list with the rest of our guests.
Check in/out Time
- Check in time is from 2pm (for accommodation) and 11am (for sites) and check out is no later than 10am on day of departure (unless late check out is organised prior).
- A campsite may be occupied by a maximum of eight (8) guests. Campsites vary in size, there is no guarantee that tents, vans or vehicles will fit onto any site. It is the guests responsibility to ensure the selection of campsite will fully contain all of their equipment, including vehicles, and boats within boundaries. Site measurements can be requested. All property belonging to you and your guests must be kept within the campsite boundaries. Access ways and roadways must be kept clear at all times, vehicles must be fully contained within the site boundaries. Where additional parking is required (including for boats and trailers) storage bays and additional parking is available on the hillside. The erection of large gazebo’s for group stays will need to be approved by the manager prior to your arrival.
- Prohibited in all park-owned buildings, including all park accommodation, amenities blocks and camp kitchen. Smoking is also prohibited around playground/recreation areas.
- We have a limited amount of dog-friendly sites available all year round excluding the Christmas/New Year holidays and any long weekends. Please click here for our pet policy.
Kayak & SUP Hire
- Hire equipment may be used on the beach side of the red & white buoys on Lake Taupo but must remain in full view of Motutere Bay TOP 10 Holiday Park.
- You must NOT transport the Kayak/SUP to a different location away from Motutere Bay TOP 10 Holiday Park during the hire period. You must NOT take the Kayak across the red and white buoy boundary onto the lake during the hire period.
- Personal Floatation Device – (PFD) Life Jacket must be worn at all times while on the water.
- All persons that will utilise the hire equipment during the period of the hire must complete and sign conditions prior to the commencement of the hire.
- Photo ID required.
- Hire by prior booking only. All hire fees must be paid prior to commencement of hire period. Payment by credit card or EFTPOS.
- Hirer must be over 18 years old. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Persons under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult in double kayak, under 15 must occupy the front seat so as to remain visible to the responsible adult at all times.
- All hire equipment must be returned at the end of the hire period. Failure to return hire equipment, loss or damage to hire equipment will result in charges for the replacement of the non returned or damaged hire equipment.
- Motutere Bay TOP 10 Holiday Park Kayak / SUP hire accepts no responsibility and will be held harmless for any loss or damage of hirer personal belongings.