For more information about Alert Levels see the Unite Against COVID-19 website.
Find out about Travel within New Zealand.
Anyone who has cold or flu symptoms should get a test and stay home until you have a negative test result. Find your local testing facility on the Healthpoint website.
What are we doing about COVID-19?
During these turbulent times, we are grateful if you have chosen to stay with us at Motutere Bay TOP 10 Holiday Park and we are looking forward to hosting you in the coming days during the isolation period.
We understand that our guests may have concerns regarding our park’s preparedness in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Motutere Bay TOP 10 is taking advice from Ministry of Health, Tourism Industry Aotearoa and HAPNZ with regards to COVID-19. As such, our park currently remains open for those able to self-isolate for the duration of the level 4 alert (minimum 4 weeks at this point).
On top of our already fastidious levels of cleanliness, we have implemented a range of additional safety measures to protect our guests and staff from the spread of COVID-19:
- Guests cannot check-out of the park during the 4 week level 4 alert period unless it’s to catch a flight to return home to another country.
- Our office will remain closed to foot traffic and all business will be conducted via phone during reduced office hours.
- Our communal facilities will remain closed and only self-contained vans and accommodation will be able to be used in the park.
- Utilisation of online/telephone payment and check-in only – no cash or physical card payments.
- Guests will be spaced out around the park.
- Guests are required to practice good hygiene and social distancing measures whilst in the park.
What can you do to help?
The NZ government have put into place extraordinary measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and we can all do our bit at a local level to assist:
General Health and Hygiene
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- If you are feeling unwell seek assistance from a health professional immediately.
- Avoid crowded areas and prolonged periods of time in close proximity to other guests.
- Cook and eat in your van/accommodation
- Partake in solitary/family group activities such as hiking, cycling, fishing in place of group activities/tours.
- When departing your cabin/villa open all curtains and leave the front door open (just close and lock the screen door).
- Take your rubbish to the nearest waste station (you can find these on your park map) on departure.
Refunds and Cancellations
We understand that some guests may choose to alter their plans and advise that our normal refund policy still applies. Our refund policy is available HERE. If you are cancelling online we ask that you include a note advising that your cancellation is due to COVID-19 as we will be providing government with statistics after the travel restrictions are lifted.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will of course advise you should anything change.